– Kissa Starling / K. Starling
– Genre(s): Romance — BDSM, GLBT (Lesbian), Paranormal, Sweet
– Publisher(s): Alyson Books, Rene Books, Red Rose Publishing, Freya’s Bower, Cleis Press, Whiskey Creek Press, Lyrical Press, Inc., Love You Divine Publishing, Atria Books
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- Never give up, write every day and live life- it gives you something to write about!
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- Word of mouth
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- Don’t keep all of those eggs in one basket. Publishers close every day. It’s always good to spread your work around.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris. I love the True Blood shows on HBO so much I decided to read the series and I’m on the second one. Readers can always find out what I’m reading at GoodReads.
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- It depends on my mood. I love the convenience of ebooks but there’s nothing like laying by the pool with a paperbook either.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- Gone With the Wind, The Pinballs and Bread and Jam for Francis. I have a huge collection of children’s books and still have all of my books from when I was young.
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- I’ve always loved writing but the moment I decided to try writing for publication was a few years ago when I saw an ad for a Christmas contest.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- Begin writing another one.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- My characters sometimes talk to me but only if they want something changed. My muse stays silently in the background but I always know when she’s there and when she’s ready to work!
– Website: www.kissastarling.com
– MySpace: www.myspace.com/kissastarling
– Blog: www.kissastarling.com/blog
– Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kissaskarmakorner/join