– Jade Twilight
– Brand – Come Fondle My Pages
– Genre(s) – Paranormal, Fantasy Erotic/ Romance
– Current publisher(s) – Red Rose Publishing & Lyrical Press, Inc
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- Don’t give up. Keep working at it no matter what other people say or how many time you get rejected.
- Finish what you start. Don’t worry about editing, submitting, cover art, or anything else until you actually have a finished product. If you keep going back you’ll never finish.
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- I guess Yahoo groups. I see advertising as a necessary evil, and don’t really like doing it.
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- Don’t put all your eggs, or books, in one basket. Starting out I had two publishing houses close under me and learned that spreading yourself out between houses isn’t a bad thing.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- Legs By Dee Dawning
- Kushiel’s Mercy By Jacqueline Carey
- The Beast Within By Kelly Ethan
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- Depends on where I’m reading at home either will do. If I’m in the car or at an appointment print, just because I don’t have an ebook reader.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- Wow hard one. Any of the Xanth Series by Peirs Anthony.
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- I’ve always loved reading and making up stories. It just kinda came naturally as the next step.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- I don’t really do anything after finishing a manuscript.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- I don’t really talk to them, but they sure do talk to me. Sometimes even yelling.
Next Thursday is Christmas so the author interviews will be taking a break (and we just got started too *pout*). But, don’t worry, they’ll be back January 01, 2009 starting with Dana Marie Bell, a fellow DC Area Storyteller.
See you then!