To kick off the author interviews I’ve started hosting on my blog, I give you Jane Beckenham:
– Jane Beckenham (but one book under Janelle Benham)
– Genre(s) – contemporary, time travel/romance
– Current publisher(s) – Red Rose Publishing, Linden Bay Romance, Cerridwen Press, Treble Heart Books
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- Keep reading
- Keep writing
- Never give up the dream
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- I’ve just got back into blogs, but also like to do live chats, they can be fast and furious.
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you?
- Rejection isn’t the end of the road.
For the Readers
– What are you reading at the moment?
- Trying to read some Silhouette Desire (category)
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- I don’t have the facility to read an ebook- apart from on my computer and I can’t take that to bed, so it’s print for me still
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- Anything by Sandra Hill,
- Ashblane’s Lady by Sophia James
- And I read Island of the Blue Dolphin about four time when I was a kid.
Idle Curiosity Compels Me To Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- I just wanted to prove I could do it. I love the whole concept of creating something out of nothing.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- Breathe! Then start editing again.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- Absolutely. I have just had a problem with a hero and as I drove the car I was yakking to him, asking him what was his problem, and why wouldn’t he behave as I wanted him to. I really didn’t understand what was going on, and why the heroine was doing what she was doing. Then it came to me. Just one word – fun. She was there to teach the hero how to have fun.
– Exciting…. My most current release – Desperately Seeking Santa was released with Red Rose Publishing. It’s a Christmas novella.
Dreams and fantasies are just that for Mandy Brooks, assistant manager of Wentworth’s, an upmarket department store. Work always gets in the way. But then that is exactly how Mandy likes it. Until Christmas comes round again and she’s forced to play the part of Mrs Santa.
Christmas day five years ago, Tate Sullivan left town. It was also the day Mandy ditched him at the altar. Forced back because of his father’s death, he knows he’s got unfinished business with Mandy Brooks. He wants her back in his bed on his terms, his way. He’s out for revenge. It’s meant to be sweet, isn’t it?
- Nothing as yet, got get the editing finished, but the WIP is titled To Kiss an Angel.
Thanks, Jane for being my first!
Join us next week for Jade Twilight’s interview! See you then.