– Lena Matthews
– Genre(s): Erotic Contemporary, I/R, M/M, Ménage, BDSM
– Publisher(s): Ellora’s Cave, Samhain, Loose Id
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- 1) Get a critique partner and make sure this person is someone who can tell you when you need make a change in your manuscript. You may not make that change, but you at least need to hear it. 2) Don’t take it personal. Not everyone is going to like what you write and it’s not a criticism of you or your talent. 3) Thoroughly research any publisher before you sign a contract. This is a business after all and you need to protect yourself and your interests.
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- My yahoo group, because it enables me to keep in contact with my readers.
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- Just because Linda Howard does it, it doesn’t mean I can do it too.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- ePistols at Dawn by ZA Maxfield
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- My preference is for a good book and I’ll read it in whatever format it’s in.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- Only three? That’s hard, so I’m just going to name three on my keeper bookshelf. One on One by Tabitha King, Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamilton, Night Magic by Charlotte Vale-Allen
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- Misplaced cocky pride. I read a couple of really bad books and thought I could do better. I wasn’t necessarily right about that, but by then it was too late and I was writing.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- Turn off my computer and try to remind my children who their mother is.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
– Website: www.lenamatthews.com
– Blog/Newsletter http://lenamatthews.com/newsletterfiles/july09.htm
– Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/lenamatthews/
Join me next week for an interview with Jody Wallace.