(Renee Note: This interview is posted a little late due to real life wackiness for me and the interviewee. Sorry about that.)
– Marie Rochelle
– Genre(s): Interracial and Contemporary Romances
– Publisher(s): Red Rose Publishing, Phaze Books, Cobblestone Press
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- 1) Never give up when you get a reject because the first ‘yes’ is right around the corner.
- 2) Research is your friend.
- 3) After you sign your first contract promo, promo and promo some more.
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- Bookmarks or postcards and of course the internet. 🙂
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- Everyone isn’t going to like your book(s) so don’t let a bad review get you down.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- Right now, I’m not reading anything, but I’m hoping to start reading a new book soon. Just have to pick one off of my bookshelf. (Renee Note – Lord, I know that feeling. I so want to read but I barely have time to watch TV… which is sad.)
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- I love print books, but my ebook collection is growing each and every day.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- *Simply Wicked by Lisa G. Riley
- *Anything by Kimberly Kaye Terry
- * Marilyn Lee books
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- I have always wanted to be a writer and I finally decided to do it.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- I set it to the side for a couple of days and then go back over it. (Renee Note: It’s funny how many people do this. But I guess it’s the plan that works best.)
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- Sometimes, it is a little of both.
– Website: www.freewebs.com/irwriter/
– Blog/Newsletter: http://shopdiva28.blogspot.com/
– Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/marie_rochelle/ and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MarieRochelle2/
Join me next week for Bess McBride’s interview.