– N.D. Hansen-Hill (awa Melody Knight)
– Genre(s): SciFi, Fantasy, Horror, Paranormal, plus Romances in every sub-genre
– Publisher(s): Red Rose Publishing, Carnal Passions, Five Star, Cerridwen Press, Linden Bay Romance, Double Dragon eBooks, Books In Motion, The Wild Rose Press
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- Do your research
- Believe in yourself
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- Ads, though I also like to post excerpts
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- If you cannot “see” your scenes on your inner viewing screen—if they’re not “real” to you—it means you don’t believe what you’re writing. Convince yourself, then you can convince your reader.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- Archaeology research papers
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- I prefer print, but tend to read more ebooks for convenience.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- The Sea Hunters by Clive Cussler
- Masters of Deception by Al Seckel
- Readers Digest Encyclopedia of Plants and Flowers
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- I checked 11 books out of the library and couldn’t “get into” any of them, so I decided to write what I wanted to read.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- I’m usually working on up to 5 at a time, so I put that one aside for a month and work on several others.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- My characters do the talking, but I tend to be right there in the action with them! Many times, I’ll end up laughing or tense from encountering a ghost, climbing a cliff, etc. There are moments in my horror writing when I even scare myself!
Thanks, N.D. !!
Join me next week for Samantha Gail!