– Cynthia Eden
– Brand: Sexy paranormal romance, dark suspense
– Genre(s): paranormal romance and romantic suspense
– Publisher(s): Kensington Brava and Grand Central Publishing
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- 1. Never give up. Rejections hurt, ignore the pain and just keep writing.
- 2. Learn the industry. Learn everything that you can about the publishers out there–and what they are buying.
- 3. Don’t be afraid to take risks with your story. Write the story you want, do not follow the trends.
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- I really like to send promotional items (like posters and bookmarks) directly to booksellers. I’ve had a very good response to the posters I’ve sent out, and I’ll be sure to do more of those mailings in the future.
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- Not everyone will love your stories. Not everyone will even *like* your stories. Sometimes, you’ll get rejection letters that don’t even have your name spelled right on them–doesn’t matter. If you believe in your work, you just keep writing.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- Not reading a book right now, but I am eagerly awaiting the next Christine Feehan release (Hidden Currents).
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- Both work for me, but I’ve got to say, I’d love to get an eReader soon! Would sure make my life easier!
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- Dream Man by Linda Howard, Rendezvous by Amanda Quick, and Cinderman by Anne Stuart. (Renee Note – I LOVE RENDEZVOUS!!)
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- I just like to make things up. Is that so wrong? I feel like I spend most of my time day dreaming, so it just makes sense to write the stories down!
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- Rest! Actually, when I finish the rough draft, I like to spend a few days gorging myself on romance books. I don’t usually read romances while I write, but as soon as I’m done–reading fest!
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- I don’t talk to them, but, sometimes, I talk about them way too much!
~ Most Recent Release ~
|My last release was IMMORTAL DANGER, a paranormal romance with a vamp heroine and a rather…powerful (won’t give the spoiler away!) hero. My heroine’s motto was “Once bitten, twice the bitch.” I loved her motto.
Blurb: BEING BULLET PROOF SUCKS–LITERALLY
Once, Maya Black was a kick-ass cop patrolling the streets of L.A. She still keeps the city safe, but nowadays her bad guys of choice include demons, werewolves, and assorted nocturnal scum. Something Maya knows a thing or two about. She’s a vampire–and not thrilled about it. Payback meet bitch.
Adam Brody hopes Maya is as dangerous as they say she is. He needs her to help rescue his niece Cammie from a ruthless band of vamps, and he’s willing to pay–in blood. Trusting her is another matter. Adam has never met a vampire who doesn’t lie. Then again, he’s never met anyone like Maya, who fills him with a desperate need that ignites into explosive, no-holds-barred encounters…
~ Coming Soon ~
|My next release is MIDNIGHT’S MASTER, the third book in my Midnight trilogy, and the book will be out–next Tuesday (June 30)! (Now I get to do my nervous release dance.)
Blurb: In a world of shadows, desire conquers all…
Tall, dark, and formidable, Niol Lapen is the last demon on earth most people would ask for a favor, yet the sexy little reporter who wanders into his club dares to do exactly that. Holly Storm already knows too much about his kind, and Niol has no wish to help her get in deeper over her head. But working alongside her may be the only way to stop a killer, even as it ignites a primal desire unlike anything he’s known.
Holly has seen firsthand what Niol is capable of, but that doesn’t frighten her nearly as much as her body’s instinctive reaction to him, or the wild, fierce passion that would tempt her to follow him through hell itself. Something evil and relentless is prowling the streets of Atlanta. And as Holly’s search leads her into danger that even Niol could never have predicted, she’ll uncover a secret that could rip her world apart.
– Website: http://www.cynthiaeden.com
– Blog/Newsletter: http://www.cynthiaeden.com/blog
Thanks so much for your interview, Cynthia!
Join me next week for Leah Braemel’s interview.