– Raven Starr
– Genre(s): Interracial Romance/Paranormal Romance
– Publisher(s): Red Rose Publishing
**Special Announcement** Today (19 March) is Raven’s birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- Read, Write and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- I love my myspace and my website.
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- I learned that every time you want to submit to any publishing company make sure you do the research first.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- It Wakes Within Me by Kathleen O’Neil Gear
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- It doesn’t matter. I love to read.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- Swan Song, The Color Purple and People of the Wolf
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- When I started to write I didn’t look at it as writing per se I saw it as a way to express all the raw emotion I couldn’t express in reality. It never donned on me that I could make a living at it, I just love the release that comes from writing and the way I get swept up in the world I’ve created. After my mother passed, she had encouraged me to follow my dreams, to never back down no matter how hard I’d been down; she wanted something better for me. So, my mother’s strength and love truly inspired me and for that I thank her.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- Well, right after I finish, I usually light a few candles, re-read the last chapter and call either my best friend or my daughter to celebrate with me.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- I do talk to my characters and sometimes get yelled at by them as well. LOL
Join me next week for an interview with Mark Terence Chapman.