– Jody Wallace (also writes as Ellie Marvel)
– Genre(s): Fantasy Romance, Paranormal Romance, Erotic Romance
– Publisher(s): Samhain Publishing, Red Sage Publishing
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- 1) It’s a lot harder than it looks.
- 2) It’s worth it.
- 3) Unless it’s not.
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- Keep my website up to date, swap author interviews with Renee and others, use my secret mental powers of persuasion to convince readers to buy my book (so far I have had the least success with #3)
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- 1) The online romance reading and writing community is too small for you to go around behaving like an ass.
- 2) If you think what you’re about to do is sort of asinine, don’t do it. The only thing you are going to change is your reputation…for the worse.
- 3) If you have doubts about a publisher or agent or think something they did is sort of asinine (eg unprofessional), don’t sign with them.
- (Renee Note – This is all good advice. :D)
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- La Vida Vampire by Nancy Haddock. Next up, Once a Princess by Sherwood Smith
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- Ebooks. I have a Sony reader and no room in my house for more paper products. Well, maybe some toilet paper. Which reminds me, I need to con somebody else into going to the grocery store again.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- Walking Across Egypt, Clyde Edgerton
- With This Ring, Carla Kelly
- The Sookie Stackhouse Series, Charlaine Harris
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- I’m such a
liarhermit, it seemed like a natural fit.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- Find beta readers for it.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- No. My characters are fictional, my muse is my work ethic, and I am the boss. Of my writing, anyway.
– Website : http://www.jodywallace.com
– Twitter : http://twitter.com/jodywallace
– Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/jodywallace
– Blog : http://blog.jodywallace.com (shared with Meankitty)
– Yahoo Group : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jodywallace/ (intermittent newsletter)
Join me next week for Marie-Nicole Ryan.
I am going to have to read one of your books Jody – they are a bit of a departure from my regular fare but I'm curious. 🙂
(And I love the Sookie Stackhouse series but I can't figure out why.)
I read Survival of the Fairest and loved it! Wonderful characters and a great storyline. Those flesh eating gnomes about scared me silly though. Wicked little monsters.
And I'm asking Santa for an ebook reader for Christmas. I'm trying reeeeeaaal hard to be a good girl so I get it. Fingers crossed!
Michelle, you love Sookie because Harris is an awesome writer and Sookie's very relatable. Or is that why I love it??
Monica, watch out about invoking the name of the gnome, one might show up on your doorstep on, I dunno, July 26.