– Yvonne Eve Walus
– Brand: Plum With Brains
– Genre(s): Murder Mystery
– Publisher(s): Echelon Press
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- 1. Write
- 2. Listen to constructive feedback
- 3. Submit
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- Online: blogs, chats, Facebook
- Offline: fridge magnets, postcards
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- Your first novel will probably be rubbish. It’s still important to write it, because your second novel will be better, and your third one has a good chance of being published.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- Harlan Coben
- Jeffrey Deaver
- Joshilyn Jackson
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
Definitely print. After a whole day at the computer, I like to rest my eyes.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- 1. “Good Omens” (Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman)
- 2. “ods in Alabama” (Joshilyn Jackson)
- 3. “Sleeping Arrangements” (Madeleine Wickham)
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- The flexible hours, lol? Seriously, there were many catalysts, but writing is not something that I actually planned to do with my life – it just happened. I believe I wanted to be a hairdresser at 4, a teacher at 8, a scientist at 12, a computer programmer at 18….
- But now I want to be a best-selling writer. With all my heart!
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- After a short period of feeling lost without the manuscript that formed such a large part of my life for the last number of months, I submit it and get on with a new project.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- I try not to. Talking stands in the way of writing. I see it as just another excuse not to sit down and get on with the story. (It is FUN though, isn’t it?) 🙂
– Website: http://yewalus.kiwiwebhost.net.nz/
– MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/yvonnewalus
– Blog: http://yewalus.blogspot.com/
– Yahoo Group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yewalus/
Join me next week for Eilis Flynn.