– Pamela K. Kinney
– Genre(s): horror, scifi, poetry, nonfiction and fantasy
– Publisher(s): Schiffer Publishing, Under the Moon, Shroud Publishing (I also published short stories and poems in other anthologies and magazine, online and print.)
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- Write, write and write-then submit, also join a writer’s group, and get a website, even before you are published!
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- Twitter and Goodreads.com. My blog, too.
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- That you must have a tough skin as you will get rejections.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters—for review for a zine.
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- I enjoy both.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson, Something Wicked This way Comes by Ray Bradbury, and Wuthering Heights.
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- I always wanted to be since I was eight-years-old. Guess I read books and wanted to make stories like those.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- Completely-after editing too? Kick back and relax. Then go on to next writing project.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- More like, they talk to me. Demand their stories be told
Join me next week for her alter ego, Sapphire Phelan.