– Sapphire Phelan
– Genre(s): erotic and sweet paranormal, fantasy and scifi romance, urban fantasy, erotic horror. Even did a sweet historical romance short story once.
– Publisher(s): Phaze Books, Under the Moon and LoveYouDivine
To Other Authors
– What are the three MOST important pieces of advice you would give to a brand new author?
- Write, write and write-then submit, also join a writer’s group, and get a website, even before you are published!
– What’s your favorite way to advertise?
- Twitter and Goodreads.com. My blog, too.
– What hard-knock lesson did the publishing world teach you (can be your own experience or someone else’s that you learned from)?
- That you must have a tough skin as you will get rejections.
For the Readers
– What are you reading, if anything, at the moment?
- Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters—for review for a zine.
– Do you prefer ebooks or print for your reading pleasure?
- I enjoy both.
– Name three of your all-time-favorite, read-them-over-and-over books.
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson, Something Wicked This way Comes by Ray Bradbury, and Wuthering Heights.
Idle Curiosity Compels Me to Ask
– What inspired you to be a writer?
- I always wanted to be since I was eight-years-old. Guess I read books and wanted to make stories like those.
– What do you do immediately after finishing a manuscript?
- Completely-after editing too? Kick back and relax. Then go on to next writing project.
– Do you talk to your characters or your muse or both?
- More like, they talk to me. Demand their stories be told
– Website: http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com
– MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/SapphirePhelan
– Shelfari: http://www.shelfari.com/sapphirephelan
– Blog: http://SapphirePhelansPassionCorner.blogspot.com
– Newsletter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SapphirePhelansParanormalNewsletter